ANTS News and Discussion Forum

ANTS Rep for Alliance for Sharps Safety and Needlestick Prevention in Healthcare

ANTS Rep for Alliance for Sharps Safety and Needlestick Prevention in Healthcare

by Michelle Girdler -
Number of replies: 1

To all ANTS members,

Please see the email below from the Alliance for Sharps Safety and Needlestick Prevention in Healthcare - The alliance is seeking a representative from ANTS – if you have an interest in this area and are willing to participate please respond to myself in the first instance.

Michelle Girdler, ANTS President
Michelle.Girdler@health.sa.gov.au

>>>>>> 

Dear Michelle Girdler,

Your organisation is one of the partners of the Alliance for Sharps Safety and Needlestick Prevention in Healthcare: http://www.allianceforsharpssafety.org/ I'm the secretariat for the Alliance and my CEO, Anne Trimmer, is the current the chair. Sandra Campbell used to receive our meeting materials and minutes and was an active participant at our teleconferences (four times a year).

I'm writing to you because due to my CEO's resignation from her position at MTAA it has become necessary to elect a new Alliance chair. The process has run over the last few weeks and we have a candidate. However, due to a lack of a quorum at the last Alliance teleconference last week we could not finalise the nomination. The election now has to take place out of session and I would like to invite you to participate.

Can you please let me know if you or anyone from ANTS would be able to participate in this? I will then forward the paperwork to you.

At a later stage I would also like you to nominate a delegate to the committee. The next teleconference is schedule for 28 August so there is some time to decide this.

I would be happy to brief you on the current activities of the Alliance.

Please contact me to set up a teleconference.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards Marion Demann

Corporate Communications Manager

Medical Technology Association of Australia
Level 12, 54 Miller Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
P: (+612) 9900 0650 D: (+612) 9900 0660 M: 0416 625 678
E: mdemann@mtaa.org.au
www.mtaa.org.au -- Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering. http://www.mailguard.com.au/en

In reply to Michelle Girdler

Re: ANTS Rep for Alliance for Sharps Safety and Needlestick Prevention in Healthcare

by Sandra Campbell-Crofts -

I read about the aims of the Sharps Alliance in Nursing Review and believed this was a very important alliance for ANTS to have a voice.  As I am now at the intensive end of my Ph D studies, I am unable to continue on in this role.  I encourage any member of ANTS who has a passion for sharps safety in the workplace to nominate themselves for this peak health care alliance. 

Sandra Campbell-Crofts