THE OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY SHALL BE TO:
- Promote the advancement of all aspects of nurse, midwifery and health education.
- Encourage the free exchange of educational and professional ideas within the Society.
- Establish effective communications and relationships between the Society and other educational bodies and other groups involved in nursing/midwifery/health and nurse/midwifery education.
- Evaluate research from all sources in nurse/midwifery education, recommend areas of research to appropriate persons and other groups and assist with research where practicable.
- Formulate policies on nurse/midwifery/health education; evaluate the policies formulated by other bodies and communicate these policies and evaluations to interested parties, including government, the instrumentalities and other policy-making bodies.
- Confidently reflect and express the opinions and policies of those engaged in nurse/midwifery/health education and all its contexts.
- Undertake other such activities which the Society deems appropriate to further the objectives of the Society.
- Accept or refuse any gift, endowment or bequest made to or acquired by the Society and undertake and execute any charitable and other trusts which may be considered expedient or desirable in the interest of the Society.
- Raise funds by contributions, subscriptions, levies, donations, investments and otherwise for the attainment of the above objectives.
- Notwithstanding the financial activities specified above, the Society shall be a non-profit making organisation
THE SOCIETY ACCOMPLISHES THESE OBJECTIVES BY:
- Representation on the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer's Peak Nursing Council and various committees, ongoing and ad hoc;
- Making formal representations and developing position papers in response to issues and policy papers;
- Sponsoring professional development and research grants, educational forums and open meetings; and
- The publication of a regular newsletter.
- Click for a copy of the ANTS Constitution in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Last modified: Thursday, 15 September 2016, 11:58 AM