ANTS News and Discussion Forum

National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse - workshops

National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse - workshops

by Lisa Gatzonis -
Number of replies: 6

CoNNO has forwarded this information to ANTS -

The ANF has been sent the attached flyer for circulation regarding the National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse, with the following message:

“Please find attached the flyer for all interested stakeholders to engage in the National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse.  

The meetings are workshops to review each of the Competency Standards and to generate conversation and provide feedback to the research team.

There will also be opportunity for two providers (1 Private/1 Public) to host a forum for Enrolled Nurses at their facility in each State.

The workshop venues have a limited number (Max 80) at each so please book early. There is no restriction if you wish to attend the Workshop in another State. There is no cost to the attendee and lunch/refreshments are provided.”

The flyer provides all details for the scheduled forums and RSVP to Monash University who are conducting the review of the competency standards on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You will note that the invite does not include Enrolled Nurses. I was advised that this is because Enrolled Nurses have been/will be engaged in the process through their own focus group sessions.

In reply to Lisa Gatzonis

Re: National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse - workshops

by Deleted user -

I am an Assistant Nursing Director for Education at the Royal BRisbane & Women's Hospital Brisbane and am interested in the EN Competencies for the EN.  Can I ask where the workshop venue is and if I can book a position at a workshop on 17th Dec

Thank you

Catriona Booker

In reply to Deleted user

Re: National Review of the Competency Standards for the Enrolled Nurse - workshops

by Lisa Gatzonis -

Hi All,

We have had a request for further information through the Visitor logon and therefore cannot answer this person directly.  If anyone is asking about gooking a position at the workshop can you please tell them: -

ANTS are just sharing the information with their membership.  Anyone wanting to attend the workshops need to contact Elaine Downs directly - details of her contact details are on the bottom of the flyer.

regards 

Lisa Gatzonis

In reply to Lisa Gatzonis

Student nursing clinical placement project

by Deleted user -

Hi all

I am the project coordinator for the above project involving three reGional sites.

I have located a few research papers one in particular about belongness. Would anybody have any tools they would recommend or know of any existing project and ouniversity's a very interesting project that will have I hope an outcome of a model or pathway for students on placement.Id love to hear from you if you have any comments,

Cheers kerry brack

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Student nursing clinical placement project

by Sandra Campbell-Crofts -

Hello Kerry,

You have located the excellent work by Professor Tracy Levett-Jones.  Have you located the book "The Clinical Placement" which has invaluable information for students going on clincal placement. 

Sandra Campbell-Crofts

In reply to Deleted user

by Gillian O'Connor -

Good morning, The NTG DoH has commenced the NT Clinical Supervision Training and Support Project which is aligned with HWA initiatives. This is an interprofessional project. Happy to share info as well as recieve info on other projects and their outcomes.

regards

Gill O'Connor, Nurse Education Consultant

DoH Clinical Learning Branch, Alice Springs

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Kerry, I am the Project Officer at Yarrawonga Health and have completed 1 project re increasing Clinical Placement opportunities in the Moira Region Vic, and am currently working on Clinical Supervision Support Project (DoH Vic and HWA funded).  If you check out the VCPC website and click on Hume CPN there will be some reports there. cheers Janine Smith