ANTS News and Discussion Forum

Peer review of subjects - Grad Cert in Clinical Education at CSU

Peer review of subjects - Grad Cert in Clinical Education at CSU

by Lisa Gatzonis -
Number of replies: 1

Dear Members,

We have received a request from educators at Charles Sturt University to assist in reviewing course content.  Please see information below and if you are interested please contact Heather Latham directly - email: HLatham@csu.edu.au. 

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Request for Peer Review of subjects in Grad Cert in Clinical Education at CSU
Date:    Thu, July 5, 2012 15:57
To:      "office@ants.org.au" <office@ants.org.au>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I am working with Professor Karen Francis and Angela Bradley Courses Director in the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health at Charles Sturt Univeristy to review and develop postgraduate courses in the School.

We have recently developed new subjects in the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education. While this Graduate Certificate will target health professionals across a variety of disciplines it is included as a Specialty area in the Master of Nursing with the option of students exiting upon the completion of four subjects in Clinical Education. The subjects have been developed very much with the needs of Nurse Educators and Teachers in mind. In order to be sure that the needs of Nurse Teachers and Educators  have been addressed, the Australian Nurse Teacher Competencies 2010 have guided the development of content in these subjects.

I am emailing your organisation to seek the assistance of your members in undertaking a peer review of these subjects. We would appreciate general feedback about the subjects and importantly feedback about the applicability of these subjects to meet the needs of Nurse Educators and Teachers.

I would be most pleased to discuss this matter further with your member/s if there is interest in undertaking this review.

Kind Regards,
Heather Latham
Adjunct Senior Lecturer in Nursing

In reply to Lisa Gatzonis

Re: Peer review of subjects - Grad Cert in Clinical Education at CSU

by Lisa Gatzonis -

Dear Members,

Message from Heather Latham - 
Thank you very much for posting my request to review our Clinical Education subject profiles on the ANTS website.

The response by your members  to review the subject profiles has been fantastic. At this time I have received some 20 emails from ANTS members across Australia.

Within the next few days I will be communicating with my colleagues at CSU to discuss the best way to proceed with the review. In the meantime could I please ask you to remove the posting from your website and thank your members very much for their offers to review our subjects.

I will be in touch with those members who have emailed me to advise them of the way in which we will proceed with the review.

Once again many thanks for your assistance with this matter. The feedback from your members will greatly assist us to develop subjects and courses that meet the educational and professional needs of Nurse Teachers.

Regards,
Heather