ANTS News and Discussion Forum

Request for participation in a research study

Request for participation in a research study

by Lisa Reid -
Number of replies: 0

My name is Lisa Reid and I am a PhD candidate at the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University, South Australia. I am a Registered Nurse and the chief investigator for the study titled:

Developing a distinct body of knowledge on Nursing Informatics: A mixed-methods study

This project is supported by Flinders University, Office of Graduate Research and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. The project has been approved by Flinders University’s Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC: 2156).

This study will address an identified knowledge gap by adding to the body of knowledge on Nursing Informatics and defining Nursing Informatics as a field. This knowledge map will be used to inform undergraduate nursing curricula development and provide a blueprint for the development of Nursing Informatics competencies which align with the graduate attributes for specific tertiary institutions.

Benefits of the study

The sharing of your experiences will be invaluable in addressing the current deficits understanding of Nursing Informatics and will be used to shape undergraduate Nurse education and continual professional development education for Nurses in regard to Nursing Informatics.

Inclusion criteria

You are eligible to participate in this study, if you are:

• A Nurse Informatician
  • An expert in Nursing Informatics
  • Or a Nurse educator

Participant involvement and potential risks

If you agree to participate in the research study, you will be asked to:

If you decide to participate or have further questions

I would value the opportunity to further discuss the study with you via phone at a time that suits you. If you are amenable to this, please contact me either at lisa.reid@flinders.edu.au or via phone on +61434676142.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Chief Investigator     

Mrs. Lisa Reid R.N.

College of Nursing and Health Sciences

Flinders University

Email: lisa.reid@flinders.edu.au

Tel: 0434 676 142