ANTS News and Discussion Forum

ANTS Web Site Passwords

ANTS Web Site Passwords

by Stuart Taylor -
Number of replies: 0

Hi ANTS members,

One of the challenges of life is to remember all our passwords. With the upgrade of the ANTS site to Moodle 2.6.1 we have an easier process to retrieve user names and passwords. The key to retrieving/resetting passwords is to remember the email address you gave ANTS.

In the top right hand corner of our home page is a link to "Log In". If you can't remember your user name or password you can click on the forgotten username/password link. You can then enter your user name, if you can remember it, or more likely you can enter your email address. You only need to enter one or the other, not both. You will then see a message saying:

- If you supplied a correct username or email address then an email should have been sent to you. It contains easy instructions to confirm and complete the password change ..........

You will not be able to log in UNTIL you have checked your email account for a new email which will contain a link to reset your password. The link will only last for 30 minutes. After that time you will need to start the process again and a new email will be sent. When you click on the link IN THE EMAIL you will be taken to the ANTS web site where you can enter a new password after which you will be logged into the ANTS site. After logging in it would be good to check your details by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner. Some information you can change yourself, otherwise you can email me at office@ants.org.au with correct details.

The new method is more simple than the old way as it involves only one email. If you cannot remember which email address you gave ANTS or you have changed jobs and cannot access your email account you will need to email me at office@ants.org.au and I will manually update your email address and reset your password.

Regards

Stuart
--------------------------------
Stuart Taylor
Administration Officer
Australian Nurse Teachers Society
Mob: 0409128819 Fax: 02 82524712
Email1: office@ants.org.au Email2: forstaylor@bigpond.com
http://www.ants.org.au
------------------------------------------------------------
Forgotten your password? http://www.ants.org.au/getpassword
------------------------------------------------------------