ANTS Educator of the Year Award
ANTS Educator of the Year
Recognising Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Education
The Australian Nurse Teachers Society (ANTS) recognises excellence of the Nursing/Midwifery Educator with the 'ANTS Educator of the Year Award' to encourage innovative teaching practices in the education of Nurses and Midwives in the academic, clinical and workplace settings.
Rules of Entry
- Nominees must be current financial members of ANTS (Category 1 or 2) and need to have been members for more than 2 years.
- Nominees must hold Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Nominees must demonstrate related employment in a teaching role within an Australian health facility or organisation (eg, tertiary, acute, or community).
- Nominations must be submitted using the Nomination Form in this document, with all details completed.
- Nominations to be received by no later than 5:00pm on the day applications close.
- The teaching being evaluated must have taken place during the previous three years.
- All materials should be submitted in electronic form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The judges' decision is final and they reserve the right not to make an award if the criteria are not met.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will have a profile published in the ANTS eBulletin.
- The winner may be requested to be available for publicity purposes.
Nominations must include:
- A completed nomination form.
- A statement from the nominee addressing the selection criteria.
- A curriculum vitae of no more than four (4) A4 pages outlining the nominee’s current position, educational qualifications, career history, teaching positions and teaching experience.
- One reference (of no more than two (2) A4 pages) provided by a person able to comment on the nominee’s educational role.
- Supporting evidence, such as:
- Students and/or staff testimonials.
- Results of evaluations.
- Online resource links.
- Submissions plus supporting documentation must not be more than 10 A4 pages
- Demonstrate a significant contribution to the education of Nurses or Midwives.
- Ability to organise innovative course material and resources and to present these cogently and imaginatively.
- Command of subject matter, including the incorporation into teaching of recent developments in a specific field.
- Provision of appropriate assessment, including the provision of feedback.
- Provision of appropriate evaluation and reflection.
- Participation in professional activities and research relating to teaching.
Click on links to download the nomination form and submit with supporting evidence via email to email@example.com
PO Box 4647
North Rocks, NSW, 2151