ANTS News and Discussion Forum

Opportunity to br involved in clinical guideline development

Opportunity to br involved in clinical guideline development

by Christine Taylor -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Members, there is an opportunity to be involved in clinical guidelines with Elsevier Australia. Your expertise can assist Elsevier Australia to review resources to reflect current Australian practice - and they will pay you. Please see the information below and contact Sally directly if you are interested.

Dr Christine Taylor (National Treasurer)

I am writing to you to ask for your help in recruiting contributors for an exciting new project.

Elsevier Australia is looking for individuals to act as researchers for a localization of our Evidence-based Order Sets product: https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/order-sets]

We are looking for individuals who can offer at least 10 hours/week to be part of an editorial team amending clinical information to reflect current Australian practice. This will involve a close comparison of US Practice Guidelines with their Australian counterpart to highlight, and recommendation of text changes to reflect those differences.

Healthcare professionals, doctors or research students with the following experience would be particularly suited to the work:

Those interested in evidence-based practice and clinical guideline development

Those with research experience, and an interest in hospital systems

Those with recent clinical experience – especially, but not limited to, Emergency or ICU

The work will be paid.

If you know of anyone who would be interested, please ask them to get in touch with me

Warm regards

Sally

Sally Stone
Director – Clinical Solutions & Journals
Tower 2, 475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood, NSW 2067, Australia

T +61 2 9422 8560 | F +61 2 9422 8562 | M +61 427 254 209
s.stone@elsevier.com | www.elsevier.com

In reply to Christine Taylor

Re: Opportunity to br involved in clinical guideline development

by Visitor Visitor -

Dear Sally

I would like to express my interest in being involved as part of your editorial team. I am a clinical nurse (level 2 year 10) working part time at Flinders Medical Centre Emergency Department. I have been working in the emergency setting both at Flinders, Repatiration hospital and Noalunga Emergency for over 20 years. This experience have given me a global understanding of the health system.

I have a keen interest in evidenced based practice and would like to further my skills by taking part in clinical guideline development.I have some research experience as I am part of the Cardiac Research team at Flinders Medical Centre collecting data for a high sensitivity Troponin tral.  

If you feel my skills would be of value, I would love to be a part. 

Kind Regards

Leanne Newblack

by Visitor Visitor -

Dear Sally,

I am very interested to be a part of your team to be a part of an editorial team amending clinical information to reflect current Australian practice.  I have  extensive experience in working in critical care and have been a nurse educator in Intensive Care for many years. Currently I am working as a Lecturer B at Griffith University as well as being a part time CNS in Intensive Care at John Flynn Private Hospital, Gold Coast QLD.

warm regards

Lisa Fahey

by Michelle Girdler -

HI all

please note you need to respond to Elsevier as per the above post rather than through ANTS

Thanks