ANTS News and Discussion Forum

NETNEP 2016

NETNEP 2016

by Christine Taylor -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all, I looked through my emails for information about our requirements for NETNEP. See below - Sarah responded to my questions. I will clarify with her about the exhibition table. Do we want a lunch time AGM? - but this is only 40 mins long. We could ask to have a room during a masterclass time - that is Monday 17.10-18.30?

Sent: 16 April 2015 22:50
To: Davies, Sarah (ELS-OXF)
Cc: Stuart Taylor (office@ants.org.au); Girdler, Michelle (Health) (Michelle.Girdler@health.sa.gov.au)
Subject: RE: NETNEP 2016 conference
Importance: High

HI Sarah, thanks - we will advertise to all members and our networks.  I thought I had replied to you about our involvement but I see I have not yet done so.

I had a chat with the executive and we propose to offer and ask for similar involvement as last time.

Please see below for details.

We can offer you:

- advertise conference to all members via Bulletin, posts and website, including spreading the information through our own professorial networks – thank you very much for these opportunities, I will put you in touch directly with our marketing executive so that she can send you the relevant information and materials that you would require for this.

- advertise for members and colleagues to chair sessions – thank you, we are currently looking for members for our Review Panel.  If you have any names of colleagues who wold be interested in helping us to review abstracts please do forward to me and I will  take these to the Committee at our next meeting.

- assist with selection of abstracts or judging poster sessions if required – great, thank you for this offer, please also see above  with regards to the abstract review process.

- assist generally eg local contacts – thank you, we would be immensely grateful if you had any advice on additional promotion opportunities we should explore in Australia.

- assist with providing information about potential sponsors  - thank you!

We also request the following for ANTS:

*   Free full page b&w advert in the conference handbook for ANTS – this will be fine.

*   Acknowledgement of ANTS support for NETNEP 2016 on the conference website (with link to ANTS homepage), and promotional material including the handbook – on website, we also need to set up additional pages for links with collaborating and supporting organisations – more to follow.

*   Free insert in the delegate packs – yes.

*   Opportunity for ANTS material to be displayed free of charge on the information desk or to offer a stand in the exhibition hall at a discounted rate - both possible

*   Free dinner place for ANTS President + 1 other representative – need to clarify with a colleague.

*   We will also be able to actively advertise the NNEC 2017 conference on the conference website and in the two nurse education journals/homepages – our preference would be to create a page on the conference website for “related conferences” – we could add this here?  Journal homepages would be fine to run banner advertising.

*   Offer a discount on group bookings to ANTS members (discounts on bookings of 5+ and 10+) – our preference would be to offer each ANTS member a 15% discount on their individual booking?  Usually group booking are 10% discount so hopefully this 15% discount will be more encouraging?

*    Free room for ANTS AGM (around 50 members)[we have around 400 active members] – this shouldn’t be a problem if scheduled for a lunchtime meeting – although this needs to be finalised with the venue still?  Sadly we are unable to provide additional rooms for external meetings.

In reply to Christine Taylor

Re: NETNEP 2016

by Michelle Girdler -

Thanks Christine

can we try for a master class room...we may need more than the 40 mins allocated to a lunch break for the meeting 

we can see how we go with a response to that 

We definitely need to have a table / booth for ANTS so we can market and promote our organisation during the event...can we follow up the cost of this so we can plan for this also

Thanks